Steering the institution
- with the social, economic, cultural and scientific environment, where the presence of major groups and a densely-woven fabric of SME and SMI - in domains such as chemistry, petroleum, aeronautics and agro-food - play an important role in development, including in times of economic crisis.
- with the local and regional authorities (conventions or actions in consultation with the Aquitaine Regional Council, the General Councils of the Pyrenees-Atlantiques, Landes and Hautes-Pyrenees, the metropolitan communities around Pau, Bayonne-Anglet-Biarritz, Lacq, Mont-de-Marsan and Tarbes, and the General Council of Midi-Pyrenees).
CHALLENGES AND MAIN OBJECTIVES
INCREASE ITS ATTRACTIVENESS
- By meeting the social, socio-economic and cultural demand
- By developing specific, recognised "Training & research" hubs of expertise (in the form of institutes) supported by either confirmed or emerging research structures in partnership with three French bodies: CNRS (National Centre for Scientific Research), INRA (National Institute for Agricultural Research) and INRIA (National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control), in order to create tailor-made Masters-level programs that complement those of Bordeaux and Toulouse, and strengthen its policy of innovating and capitalising on research.
- By stimulating a proactive policy aimed at international cooperation that gives preference to the cross-border regions (Aragon, the Basque Country and Navarre).
- ADAPTING ITS ORGANISATION
- By stepping up consultation in each major discipline sector, taking into account features specific to the site and to the current structure.
- By setting up site committees (including academic staff, local authorities, social and economic partners, etc.).
- By creating a strategic orientation committee (recognised external figures, social and economic partners, scientists, foreign academics...).
- By establishing the "UPPA/regional authorities" steering/liaison committee in the long term.
SYNERGIES, HUBS OF EXPERTISE AND STRATEGIC FOCUSES
- Environment and Materials in PAU (IPREM)
- Petroleum Engineering in PAU (IPRA)
- European and international issues in BAYONNE
- Aquatic resources in ANGLET-SAINT PEE SUR NIVELLE
- Regions and societies in PAU
- Construction and sustainable development in ANGLET
- Objective: quality
- Cross-border aspects and development of trilingualism (French, English, Spanish)
- Lifelong training
- Technological sectors
- Health and Social
- Preparation for national examinations.